In this article:
- Discover veterinary-inspired insurance options available exclusively to AVMA members.
- Get information about group programs for veterinary practices.
- Connect with AVMA LIFE and AVMA PLIT.
The AVMA Trust offers unparalleled insurance products available only to AVMA member veterinarians.
Protect what matters most: the practice you've built, the people you love, and the team members you rely on daily to get the job done.
Through AVMA PLIT and AVMA LIFE, the AVMA Trust provides insurance coverage and retirement solutions for veterinarians, team members, and your families. Designed by veterinarians for veterinarians, these programs are available exclusively to AVMA members.
AVMA PLIT has been protecting veterinarians and veterinary practices for nearly 60 years, with professional and business insurance coverage that meets the unique needs of the profession.
- Professional liability insurance
- Veterinary license defense endorsement
- Animal bailee endorsement (for owners)
- Complimentary veterinary student professional liability insurance
- Business insurance
- Workers' compensation
- Employment practices liability
- Commercial auto
- Mobile practitioner's coverage
- Data breach
- Homeowner's insurance*
- Renter's insurance*
- Auto insurance*
Visit avmaplit.com or call 800-228-PLIT (7548).
AVMA LIFE provides veterinarian-inspired coverage that protects AVMA members – and your families – at every stage of life. Available coverage includes:
- Life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability
- Professional overhead expense
- Critical illness
- Long-term care
- Hospital indemnity
- Basic protection for veterinarians, including rabies prophylaxis
- Basic protection for veterinary students, including rabies prophylaxis
- Complimentary student life insurance
Visit avmalife.org or call 800-621-6360.
Group programs for veterinary practices
The AVMA Trust offers group benefits programs that help practices remain competitive in attracting and retaining team members:
- Practice Healthcare Solutions (medical)
- Association Retirement Plan
- Small-Group Employee Benefits Plan (supplemental life and disability)
*Coverage available for you and your employees.
Separate registration and sign-ins are required for avmaplit.com, avmalife.org, and avma.org.
Latest insurance news from AVMA@Work
Year-end CE: Two new courses on AVMA Axon
December 29, 2021
Does pet health insurance make sense for clients?
July 21, 2021
Revised policy encourages proactive education about pet insurance
August 5, 2019
Court ruling may delay health insurance rollout
March 29, 2019
AVMA & AVMA LIFE push to expand health insurance options for veterinarians
October 12, 2018