Just in time to help with any year-end CE needs you might have, two new courses have just been added to AVMA Axon®, the AVMA’s digital CE library for all veterinary professionals.
When work hurts: Dealing with rudeness
If you missed our recent special live broadcast, take an hour now to view the recording and learn effective ways to address angry behavior on the job. “Rudeness on the Job: When Work Hurts” explores evidence-based strategies for preventing and diffusing rudeness in the veterinary workplace. It’s free to AVMA members and costs just $25 for all other veterinary professionals.
Among the topics the webinar explores:
- Why workplace rudeness is on the rise
- Why solutions aimed at trying to control other people’s behaviors generally aren’t effective
- Effective ways to address poor behavior
- How to apply knowledge of redirected aggression in animals to prevent and de-escalate displaced anger in clients and colleagues
Navigating malpractice complaints
Learn what you can do to handle potential complaints against your veterinary license in “Grand rounds: Navigating malpractice complaints.” Work through the subjective, objective, and assessment of a possible malpractice threat. You’ll come away with a plan to handle real-life situations if and when they arrive.
Expect to learn about:
- Three ways to prevent malpractice claims through record keeping and communication techniques
- Individual needs for professional liability insurance and licensure defense coverage
- Professionally liability claims process
Best of AVMA Convention
Some of the most popular sessions from this year’s virtual AVMA Convention are also available for on-demand CE learning on AVMA Axon®. These include the inspiring keynote and general sessions, as well as clinical topics like "Chronic pain management in cats" and "Trauma dos and don’ts." Find them all in the "Best of AVMA Convention 2021" category on Axon.