Successful organizations work strategically. The AVMA's vision statement, mission statement, and core values guide the association's priorities, our work, and our behavior.
The American Veterinary Medical Association's vision is to be the trusted leader in protecting, promoting and advancing a strong, unified veterinary profession that meets the needs of society.
The mission of the Association is to lead the profession by advocating for our members, and advancing the science and practice of veterinary medicine to improve animal and human health.
Our core values focus the association to be:
- Ethical: We act with integrity, honesty and respect.
- Inclusive: We represent and support a diverse community of veterinarians with unique perspectives.
- Science-based: We lead with science, providing trusted and evidence-based information, and promote research to improve the health and wellbeing of animals and humans.
- Animal-focused: We support veterinarians in their stewardship of animal health and welfare, and their role in promoting public health.
- Member-centric: We are accountable to the needs of our members.
- Supportive: We invest in the development of our staff and volunteer leaders.
- Fiscally responsible: We practice prudent financial decision-making and accountability.
- Efficient: We continuously assess and improve our delivery of products and services.
- Innovative: We promote creativity and embrace change.
The association's goal is focused squarely on our efforts to grow member value by increasing member satisfaction and market share across all segments of the profession.