Become a wellbeing educator
Join a growing network of educators bringing foundational communication concepts and skills to professionals nationwide.
Preferred qualifications for applicants
The Train the Trainer program builds upon knowledge, experience, and skills you already have in related areas. If you have a strong foundation in these subject matters, we encourage you to apply to the program:
- Commitment to relationship-centered teams and organizations – You are committed to promoting the centrality of communication as a core part of healthy workplaces.
- Passion for the topic – You care deeply about effective communication and are recognized by colleagues and clients as an excellent communicator.
- Presentation skills – You have experience designing and delivering effective presentations that are responsive to the needs of your audience.
- Group facilitation – You can manage complex interactions among workshop participants, including disagreements, personal disclosures, and conversations about sensitive topics.
- Critical thinking – You are able to analyze and evaluate evidence-based practices related to team-patient relationships and health outcomes.
- Learning orientation – You value a growth mindset and model a commitment to lifelong learning and development.
Applicants will be selected based on these and other preferred criteria. Before applying, participants should review the full list of qualifications here.
Educators who complete the program are required to give the associated wellbeing presentation at least two times per year. There is no minimum attendee size for these presentations. They can be given to a small group of coworkers or to a large audience at a conference.
What can you expect?
The workshop covers four foundational concepts and skills: providing feedback, collaboration, reflective listening, and facilitation. During the training, you’ll get to know and learn from other trainees. Participate in large- and small-group learning, interactive skill-building exercises, and self-reflection. You’ll also practice delivering a portion of the training yourself, building both your skills and confidence.
Come away with valuable strategies to promote workplace wellbeing, and the confidence and skills to pass your expertise on to others.
After completing the program, trainees will have access to materials that will enable you to share your learning with others:
- Wellbeing educator manual
- Training presentation and presenter notes
- Workbook to use in your own trainings