State-based waste disposal resources
Waste is regulated at the federal and state levels. In general, state regulations supersede federal regulations in that they may be more stringent. The following resources provide state-based information about solid waste disposal.
- Links to state agencies, contacts and web pages, including solid and hazardous waste programs
- RCRA state authorization
- State definitions of solid waste
Looking for your state's regulations regarding animal carcass disposal?
- U.S. Butcher Waste and Mortality Disposal Laws (Cornell Waste Management Institute)
- Environmental Compliance Assistance Platform (EnvCAP) – A clearing house of industry-specific resources to aid in compliance with regulations
- State Regulations Resource Locator
- Solid Waste State Resource Locator
- RCRA/Hazardous Waste Resource Locator
Veterinary Compliance Assistance (VetCA) – a subsection of EnvCAP with resources relevant to veterinary practices