Editor's note: Updated on June 30, 2023, to include date, time, and location of feedback session at Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Convention
The AVMA Council on Education® (COE) is formulating its strategic plan for the next five years and wants your input.
The council is seeking input on how innovation in education, the profession, and professional accreditation should be considered in the accreditation process and the COE accreditation standards. Specifically, the panel is looking for input on how to best serve students, the public, the profession, and veterinary medical colleges and schools into the future.
The COE is planning a series of live, facilitated feedback sessions to gather input over the coming months.
If you prefer to submit feedback in writing or are unable to attend any of the live sessions, your input also can be submitted to the council coeavma [dot] org (via email) through July 31, 2023.
Attend a live feedback session
Facilitated feedback sessions will be held in June and July.
For details on how to join a virtual session, please RSVP by email to coeavma [dot] org (coe[at]avma[dot]org) indicating the session you plan to attend.
- Student session: Friday, June 9, Noon – 1p.m. Central Time
- Open session, focused on recent graduates (all welcome): Friday, June 9, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. Central Time
- Open session: Friday, June 16, Noon – 1 p.m. Central Time
- Open session at the Canadian Veterinary Medical Association Convention, Quebec City: Friday, July 7, 10 a.m. Eastern Time
- Open session at AVMA Convention, Denver: Sunday, July 16, 11 a.m. – noon Mountain Time
Learn more about the COE and this opportunity to provide input.