The application for the 2017-2018 AVMA Fellowship Program will be available in the fall of 2016. The deadline to apply will be Feb. 10, 2017.
The 2017-2018 AVMA Fellowship Program, in conjunction with the American Association for the Advancement of Science Fellowship Program, will run from the last week in August 2017 until August 2018.
This program is made possible in part by the generous donors to the American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF). Thanks to their continued support.
- serve for one year in Washington D.C. as scientific advisors to members of Congress.
- play pivotal roles in shaping and influencing key legislation affecting the veterinary profession, and the health and safety of our nation.
- receive a stipend of approximately $83,000 to offset the cost of living and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the Fellowship.
- receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- represent the veterinary profession in the legislative branch of government.
- use science-based decision making in public policy development.
- influence important public policy discussions.
- network with leaders at the top tier of federal government.
Learn more about the AVMA's Congressional Fellowship Program on our Frequently Asked Questions page. For additional questions, please email email@example.com.
Want to hear about the Fellowship first-hand? Check out the video below where Dr. Elise Ackley recounts her experience as a 2014-2015 AVMA Fellow in the office of Senator Dick Durbin (D-IL).