- Clear All
- Remove theTopic Landing Pagefilter Topic Landing Page
- Remove thePolicyfilter Policy
- Remove the2019filter 2019
- Remove thePublic healthfilter Public health
- Remove theAntimicrobial use & resistancefilter Antimicrobial use & resistance
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theContinuing educationfilter Continuing education
- Remove theDisaster preparedness & responsefilter Disaster preparedness & response
- Remove theEducationfilter Education
Veterinarians and public health
In addition to caring for animals, veterinarians are critical to public health. We contribute to medical discovery, protect people and animals from…
The AVMA represents and amplifies veterinarians’ voices when federal lawmakers consider issues that affect animal health, public health and the…
Veterinarians are leaders and stewards in preserving the effectiveness of antimicrobials. We work conscientiously with antimicrobial drugs,…
The AVMA supports the USDA/APHIS definition of feral swine as: "Swine that have lived all (wild) or any part (feral) of their lives free-roaming".
AAEP-AVMA management of Bureau of Land Management wild horses and burros
The AVMA and AAEP have jointly adopted this policy on the management of BLM wild horses and burros.
AABP judicious therapeutic use of antimicrobials in cattle
The AVMA has endorsed these guidelines developed by the American Association of Bovine Practitioners.
Veterinary faculty resources
AVMA is proud to count veterinary educators among our members. We provide tools and resources that empower faculty, support veterinary education, and…
Summits and symposiums
Broaden your mastery of important veterinary topics, while connecting with like-minded colleagues. AVMA's topical CE meetings deliver the same…
Disaster and emergency preparedness and response are important issues to the AVMA. We provide wide-ranging resources to help both veterinarians and…