- Clear All
- Remove thePolicyfilter Policy
- Remove thePress Releasefilter Press Release
- Remove theResourcefilter Resource
- Remove theFelinefilter Feline
- Remove thePet ownershipfilter Pet ownership
- Remove theAnimal healthfilter Animal health
- Remove theHuman-animal interactionsfilter Human-animal interactions
- Remove theAnimal diseasesfilter Animal diseases
Guidelines for responsible pet ownership
Owning a pet is a privilege and should result in a mutually beneficial relationship. However, the benefits of pet ownership come with obligations.
Ownership and or possession and appropriate disposition of wild and exotic pet species or their hybrids
Ownership and/or Possession and Appropriate Disposition of Wild and Exotic Pet Species or Their Hybrids
Where the (not-so) wild things are: AVMA releases data on top, bottom states for dog, cat and overall pet ownership
Pet Demographic Sourcebook data on top and bottom 10 states for pet ownership
AVMA urges pet evacuation kits for those in path of storms, wildfires
Hundreds of wildfires are burning in California, forcing more than 100,000 people to evacuate and affecting air quality as far away as Nebraska.
What to expect after vaccination
The IAHAIO Geneva Declaration
Preamble Recent research is demonstrating various benefits of companion animals to people's well-being, personal growth, and quality of life. In…
Dog and cat population control
The population of dogs and cats in the U.S. exceeds the capacity of our society to care and provide homes for them as companion animals.