- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove theSports medicine & rehabilitationfilter Sports medicine & rehabilitation
- Remove thePharmacologyfilter Pharmacology
- Remove theEquinefilter Equine
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
Drugs, regulation in horse racing discussed on Capitol Hill
Once again, Congress is eyeing implementing reforms in North American horse racing, but, this time, it’s looking to an outside
Once more around the track
Racetrack-led coalition created to address horse racing deaths, safety concerns
Uniform horse-racing rules gaining momentum
Proposed uniform national horse-racing reforms by the RMTC involve medication regulation and enforcement, including laboratory testing.
Renewed focus on race-day medications
Ssome in the industry are calling for an outright ban on race-day medication, and so is newly introduced federal legislation.
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
Initiative focuses on racing integrity
The American Association of Equine Practitioners has created an initiative called Prescription for Racing Reform
A horse industry’s change of heart
The Prevent All Soring Tactics Act strengthens the Horse Protection Act and bans the use of action devices and improves enforcement by the
Looking for a new direction
A number of ongoing issues, particularly injuries and medication usage, were spotlighted this past year in horseracing