- Clear All
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove the2020filter 2020
- Remove the2014filter 2014
- Remove the2011filter 2011
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theDrugs & vaccinesfilter Drugs & vaccines
- Remove theAVMA governance & leadershipfilter AVMA governance & leadership
Renewed focus on race-day medications
Ssome in the industry are calling for an outright ban on race-day medication, and so is newly introduced federal legislation.
Uniform horse-racing rules gaining momentum
Proposed uniform national horse-racing reforms by the RMTC involve medication regulation and enforcement, including laboratory testing.
A horse industry’s change of heart
The Prevent All Soring Tactics Act strengthens the Horse Protection Act and bans the use of action devices and improves enforcement by the
Bill would ban double-decker trailers for horse transport
The AVMA has long advocated for this prohibition, which is included in a $500 billion infrastructure bill proposed in the U.S. House of…