- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove thePharmacologyfilter Pharmacology
- Remove theSports medicine & rehabilitationfilter Sports medicine & rehabilitation
- Remove the2014filter 2014
- Remove the2013filter 2013
- Remove the2011filter 2011
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
Renewed focus on race-day medications
Ssome in the industry are calling for an outright ban on race-day medication, and so is newly introduced federal legislation.
Judge allows bulk ingredients for compounding
The Food and Drug Administration doesn't have the authority to stop a Florida pharmacy from using bulk pharmaceutical ingredients to
Looking for a new direction
A number of ongoing issues, particularly injuries and medication usage, were spotlighted this past year in horseracing
Drugs, regulation in horse racing discussed on Capitol Hill
Once again, Congress is eyeing implementing reforms in North American horse racing, but, this time, it’s looking to an outside
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
Uniform horse-racing rules gaining momentum
Proposed uniform national horse-racing reforms by the RMTC involve medication regulation and enforcement, including laboratory testing.
A horse industry’s change of heart
The Prevent All Soring Tactics Act strengthens the Horse Protection Act and bans the use of action devices and improves enforcement by the