- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove the2017filter 2017
- Remove the2014filter 2014
- Remove the2012filter 2012
- Remove the2011filter 2011
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theWellbeingfilter Wellbeing
Passion for people, horses drives AAEP president
Dr. R. Reynolds Cowles Jr. is passionate about a lot of things. When he’s not treating horses or giving talks on practice management, he can be found…
A horse industry’s change of heart
The Prevent All Soring Tactics Act strengthens the Horse Protection Act and bans the use of action devices and improves enforcement by the
Uniform horse-racing rules gaining momentum
Proposed uniform national horse-racing reforms by the RMTC involve medication regulation and enforcement, including laboratory testing.
Dr. Clark K. Fobian, District VII representative to the AVMA Executive Board, will likely be elected AVMA president-elect by
How big is Florida's python problem?
New restrictions on the constrictor-snake trade are meant to prevent a repeat of what has happened with the Burmese python in the Florida Everglades.
Supreme Court strikes down Calif. slaughter rules
The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled in January that the state of California cannot prohibit the slaughter of pigs that become
Congress considers US egg production standards
United Egg Producers and the Humane Society of the United States want Congress to approve new standards for U.S. egg producers.
Renewed focus on race-day medications
Ssome in the industry are calling for an outright ban on race-day medication, and so is newly introduced federal legislation.