- Clear All
- Remove the2018filter 2018
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theAnimal healthfilter Animal health
- Remove theAVMA policyfilter AVMA policy
- Remove theOrganized veterinary medicinefilter Organized veterinary medicine
- Remove thePractice operationsfilter Practice operations
AVMA Board meets with USDA official
AVMA’s Board of Directors met with the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) under secretary for marketing and regulatory programs during last…
Cannabis research for veterinary patients advancing, cautiously
More than half the country has legalized marijuana use in one form or another.
The veterinary profession's role in addressing the opioid epidemic
AVMA strongly recommends that veterinarians, legislators, state veterinary medical boards, and state pharmacy boards work together to create practical…
Opioid shortage and abuse: Resources and education for veterinarians
The AVMA has good news to help our members advance high-quality patient care in the face of continuing opioid shortages: We’ve teamed up with VetBloom…
Speaking up and making our voice heard
President’s Column: Dr. John de Jong Last month, I shared with you my commitment to advocate on behalf of the veterinary profession by engaging with…
What's in a name?
Two years ago, the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America formed the Veterinary Nurse Initiative coalition.
Lowering hurdles of licenses
Government and veterinary leaders are trying to make it easier for professionals to keep working when they change states.
Joint AVMA-FVE-CVMA statement on continuous monitoring of antimicrobial use and antimicrobial resistance
The AVMA, CVMA and FVE developed this joint statement on continuous monitoring of antimicrobial use and resistance.