- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove thePharmacologyfilter Pharmacology
- Remove the2013filter 2013
- Remove the2011filter 2011
- Remove theEquinefilter Equine
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
Drugs, regulation in horse racing discussed on Capitol Hill
Once again, Congress is eyeing implementing reforms in North American horse racing, but, this time, it’s looking to an outside
Renewed focus on race-day medications
Ssome in the industry are calling for an outright ban on race-day medication, and so is newly introduced federal legislation.
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
Looking for a new direction
A number of ongoing issues, particularly injuries and medication usage, were spotlighted this past year in horseracing