- Clear All
- Remove theZoo animalfilter Zoo animal
- Remove theAmphibian/reptilefilter Amphibian/reptile
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theResearchfilter Research
- Remove thePublic healthfilter Public health
50 years later, animal welfare act is a work in progress
The Animal Welfare Act was signed into law in 1966, originally to protect laboratory animals while also regulating animal dealers and the laboratories…
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
Uniform jurisdiction for aquatic veterinary and animal health programs
Multiple government agency jurisdiction and oversight for aquatic animal health and diseases duplicates efforts
The AVMA recognizes the pressing need for effective actions to ensure the future health of aquatic animals and ecosystems
AVMA animal welfare principles
The AVMA, as a medical authority for the health and welfare of animals, offers the following eight integrated principles for developing and evaluating…
Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act is now law
President Obama signed the Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act, making it legal for veterinarians to have access to travel with and use controlled…
How big is Florida's python problem?
New restrictions on the constrictor-snake trade are meant to prevent a repeat of what has happened with the Burmese python in the Florida Everglades.