- Clear All
- Remove the2016filter 2016
- Remove the2014filter 2014
- Remove theFelinefilter Feline
- Remove theLaboratory animalfilter Laboratory animal
- Remove theZoo animalfilter Zoo animal
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove thePublic healthfilter Public health
- Remove theResearchfilter Research
Backyard Poultry: Know the Legalities Regarding Treatment Options
Even if a goose, chicken or other poultry is kept as a pet, it is classified and regulated as a food animal species by the FDA.
50 years later, animal welfare act is a work in progress
The Animal Welfare Act was signed into law in 1966, originally to protect laboratory animals while also regulating animal dealers and the laboratories…
Finding a way forward with nonprofit service providers
Representatives of the groups spoke about these efforts during the 2014 AVMA Public Policy Symposium, Sept. 5-6 in Rosemont, Illinois.
Georgia alumni recognized for contributions
The University of Georgia College of Veterinary Medicine recently recognized five alumni for service to the college and the veterinary
Veterinary leaders change at FDA
Two Food and Drug Administration executives overseeing veterinary medicine are leaving the agency.
Animal welfare: Laboratory animals
This page provides access to a variety of resources that can help you make a positive difference in the lives of laboratory animals.
The slow rise of generic animal drugs
In human medicine, generic drugs accounted for 88 percent of prescriptions dispensed in the United States as of 2014. Currently, generic