- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theWildlifefilter Wildlife
- Remove theZoo animalfilter Zoo animal
- Remove theLaboratory animalfilter Laboratory animal
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theAVMA governance & leadershipfilter AVMA governance & leadership
50 years later, animal welfare act is a work in progress
The Animal Welfare Act was signed into law in 1966, originally to protect laboratory animals while also regulating animal dealers and the
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
Ohio restricting wild animal ownership
Starting in September, most Ohio residents will be unable to collect or sell wild animals that the state deems to be dangerous
How big is Florida's python problem?
New restrictions on the constrictor-snake trade are meant to prevent a repeat of what has happened with the Burmese python in the Florida Everglades.