- Clear All
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove the2018filter 2018
- Remove the2012filter 2012
- Remove theBovinefilter Bovine
- Remove thePoultryfilter Poultry
- Remove theProduction medicinefilter Production medicine
- Remove theEnvironmental issuesfilter Environmental issues
- Remove theResearchfilter Research
- Remove thePractice operationsfilter Practice operations
AVMA animal welfare principles
The AVMA, as a medical authority for the health and welfare of animals, offers the following eight integrated principles for developing and evaluating…
Another ballot initiative increases housing size for farm animals
As consumers demand to know more about the origin of their foods, the trend toward less-restrictive housing for farm animals has accelerated in recent…
Dr. Clark K. Fobian, District VII representative to the AVMA Executive Board, will likely be elected AVMA president-elect by
Supreme Court strikes down Calif. slaughter rules
The U.S. Supreme Court unanimously ruled in January that the state of California cannot prohibit the slaughter of pigs that become
Welfare Implications of Hot-Iron Branding and Its Alternatives
Peer-reviewed summary of the scientific literature related to the welfare implications of hot iron branding and its alternatives.
Welfare Implications of Tail Docking of Cattle
Peer-reviewed summary for veterinarians of scientific literature related to the welfare implications of tail docking of cattle.
Welfare Implications of Dehorning and Disbudding Cattle
A peer-reviewed summary of the scientific literature related to the welfare implications of dehorning and disbudding cattle.