- Clear All
- Remove thePolicyfilter Policy
- Remove theResourcefilter Resource
- Remove theTopic Landing Pagefilter Topic Landing Page
- Remove theAnimal healthfilter Animal health
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
- Remove theNational legislation & regulationfilter National legislation & regulation
- Remove theEuthanasiafilter Euthanasia
The veterinary profession's role in addressing the opioid epidemic
AVMA strongly recommends that veterinarians, legislators, state veterinary medical boards, and state pharmacy boards work together to create practical…
AVMA request: Commenting deadline for compounding
State and local advocacy
AVMA works with state and local veterinary associations to advocate for animal health, animal welfare, and the advancement of veterinary medicine. We…
Uniform jurisdiction for aquatic veterinary and animal health programs
Multiple government agency jurisdiction and oversight for aquatic animal health and diseases duplicates efforts
The AVMA recognizes the pressing need for effective actions to ensure the future health of aquatic animals and ecosystems
AVMA animal welfare principles
The AVMA, as a medical authority for the health and welfare of animals, offers the following eight integrated principles for developing and evaluating…
Joint AVMA-FVE-CVMA statement on the global control of canine rabies
Joint AVMA-FVE-CVMA statement on the global control of canine rabies.
Dog and cat population control
The population of dogs and cats in the U.S. exceeds the capacity of our society to care and provide homes for them as companion animals.
Veterinarians have a vital role in advancing and maintaining food safety for the benefit of society.