- Clear All
- Remove theLaboratory animal medicinefilter Laboratory animal medicine
- Remove theRadiology & diagnostic imagingfilter Radiology & diagnostic imaging
- Remove theLaboratory animalfilter Laboratory animal
- Remove theDisaster preparedness & responsefilter Disaster preparedness & response
- Remove theZoonotic/shared diseasesfilter Zoonotic/shared diseases
- Remove theAVMA governance & leadershipfilter AVMA governance & leadership
AVMA emphasizes responsible stewardship of laboratory animals
The AVMA has revised the policy "Use of Animals in Research, Testing, and Education" to balance the emphasis placed on
Recent gene-editing technologies are being used to create mice that model human genetic diseases, Holstein cattle lacking horns, and
Vital funding for lab network added to Farm Bill
Legislation authorizing what the AVMA believes to be much-needed funding for a national laboratory network safeguarding animal and
Research delayed, rodent populations reduced during pandemic
Universities delayed new studies this spring to reduce contact among people, including researchers and animal caregivers. Those delays often involved…
Fiscal 2016 Appropriations
AVMA advocates for funding for programs that help ensure animal health and welfare, protect food safety and promote public health and research.
Research symposium inspires with one-health success stories
The 2016 Merial–National Institutes of Health National Veterinary Scholars Symposium took place July 28-31 at The Ohio State University.
Board acts on research, grievance resolution, residues
The AVMA Board of Directors, while meeting Nov. 20-22, 2014, approved a few new policies, rescinded some that were no longer
1955 - 1965
The late 1950s and early 1960s saw a flurry of technological and sociological changes in the United States.