- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove the2013filter 2013
- Remove theCaninefilter Canine
- Remove thePet ownershipfilter Pet ownership
- Remove theAVMA governance & leadershipfilter AVMA governance & leadership
- Remove theDisaster preparedness & responsefilter Disaster preparedness & response
Taking on cancer
Cancer is a leading cause of death in dogs and cats—particularly now that more pets are living long enough to develop the disease.
AVMA supports bills on horse trailers, research
The AVMA will push Congress to pass legislation that would forbid transporting horses across state lines in double-deck trailers.
AVMF puts mission into action
The American Veterinary Medical Foundation sponsored animal-related events in several communities this past fall as
Most families living on South Dakota’s Rosebud Sioux Indian Reservation can scarcely afford to feed themselves, let alone pay
Connection is object of cultural competency
Cultural competency requires recognition of one’s own biases, consciousness of cultural dynamics, and a willingness to adapt.
Devocalization as a final alternative
AVMA Delegates pass resolutions on devocalization, VCPR, livestock handling
Recalls of pet food rise on the radar
Recalls of pet food are not increasing, but awareness of them might be. The primary cause of these recalls is Salmonella contamination,