- Clear All
- Remove thePolicyfilter Policy
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove thePreventive medicinefilter Preventive medicine
- Remove theCaninefilter Canine
- Remove theFelinefilter Feline
- Remove thePet ownershipfilter Pet ownership
- Remove theLegislation & regulationfilter Legislation & regulation
Model bill and regulations to assure appropriate care for dogs intended for use as Pets
Model Bill and Regulations to Assure Appropriate Care for Dogs Intended for Use as Pets
Position on Canine Hybrids
The AVMA recognizes that: a) wild canines crossbred with domestic animals (canine hybrids) are often maintained in captivity as companion animals, for…
Canine devocalization should only be performed by qualified, licensed veterinarians as a final alternative to euthanasia after behavioral…
AAHA-AVMA canine preventive healthcare guidelines
All dogs should have a veterinary examination at least annually. For many dogs, more frequent visits may be appropriate.
Ear cropping and tail docking of dogs
The AVMA opposes ear cropping and tail docking of dogs when done solely for cosmetic purposes.
AAHA-AVMA feline preventive healthcare guidelines
All cats should have a veterinary examination at least annually. For many cats, more frequent visits may be appropriate.