- Clear All
- Remove thePolicyfilter Policy
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove thePreventive medicinefilter Preventive medicine
- Remove the2012filter 2012
- Remove theCaninefilter Canine
- Remove theFelinefilter Feline
- Remove thePet ownershipfilter Pet ownership
Canine devocalization should only be performed by qualified, licensed veterinarians as a final alternative to euthanasia after behavioral…
AAHA-AVMA canine preventive healthcare guidelines
All dogs should have a veterinary examination at least annually. For many dogs, more frequent visits may be appropriate.
Ear cropping and tail docking of dogs
The AVMA opposes ear cropping and tail docking of dogs when done solely for cosmetic purposes.
AAHA-AVMA feline preventive healthcare guidelines
All cats should have a veterinary examination at least annually. For many cats, more frequent visits may be appropriate.
79 percent of veterinary professionals agree that there has been an industry-wide decline in pet veterinary visits
Guidelines promote preventive care
The new AAHA-AVMA Canine and Feline Preventive Healthcare Guidelines can help veterinarians improve patient care and can provide a foundation for…