- Clear All
- Remove theJAVMA Newsfilter JAVMA News
- Remove theAnimal welfarefilter Animal welfare
- Remove theToxicologyfilter Toxicology
- Remove the2017filter 2017
- Remove the2009filter 2009
- Remove theDisaster preparedness & responsefilter Disaster preparedness & response
- Remove theEuthanasiafilter Euthanasia
AVMA providing guidance on handling of pet remains
The AVMA has adopted a policy and is creating educational materials to provide guidance to veterinarians on the handling of companion animal remains.
Member comment sought on draft guidelines for depopulation
A draft version of the first AVMA Guidelines for the Depopulation of Animals is now available for review and comment by AVMA
Revision process begins for AVMA euthanasia guidelines
Efforts to update the AVMA Guidelines on Euthanasia are underway.
Volunteer projects impact seven communities
Hundreds of volunteers displayed the important work of the profession during the 2016 Our Oath in Action projects this past fall.
Euthanasia a rare but complicated issue in disasters
The pending discussions on euthanasia protocols will include how to shorten the time between when TAHC staff members recommend euthanasia
Horse advocates, veterinarians noted for outstanding work
The American Association of Equine Practitioners recognized the 2016 recipients of several awards Dec. 3-7 2016