As part of our effort to advocate for both our member veterinarians and the welfare of animals, the AVMA is an active partner in the non-profit Partners for Healthy Pets initiative. Led by AVMA and AAHA alongside the AVMF, this alliance brings together dozens of veterinary associations and animal health companies to ensure that pets receive the preventive health care they deserve through regular visits to a veterinarian.
The goals of Partners for Healthy Pets are to:
- Address the increasing prevalence of serious diseases and the declining health of our nation's pets.
- Enhance pet owners' perceived value of preventive veterinary care.
- Ensure that regular veterinary visits become the norm.
- Increase public understanding of the veterinarian's central role in the health and happiness of pets.
- Make increasing preventive health care for cats a priority.
What does Partners for Healthy Pets do for veterinarians?
Partners for Healthy Pets has developed tools that are available free of charge on its website to AVMA and AAHA members. The tools help veterinarians run more successful practices, focusing on several key areas, such as client communication; using internet marketing and social media to market a practice; creating and implementing preventive health care plans for clients; and creating a feline-friendly practice.
Why AVMA supports Partners for Healthy Pets
Members expect the AVMA to serve as the voice of and advocate for the veterinary medical profession and the welfare of animals. With its focus on increasing the health of pets and promoting the importance of preventive care and veterinarians, Partners for Healthy Pets is one key strategy that AVMA use to serve the needs of our member veterinarians as they strive to practice the highest quality of preventive medicine and run successful practices.