Resolution 9-2011, approved by the AVMA House of Delegates, requested a comprehensive report summarizing the AVMA’s role in global veterinary activities. The resulting report, titled “AVMA’s Current Role in Global Veterinary Activities,” includes the following:
- Relevant policies governing AVMA’s international activities
- Descriptions of the involved entities, volunteers and staff
- A summary of international travel by AVMA leadership and staff
- Summaries of international efforts regarding animal welfare; veterinary education; standards and policies; member and student services; fostering relationships with other organizations and associations; and communications
- A summary of the Educational Commission for Foreign Veterinary Graduates (ECFVG) program and its impact on international efforts
- World Veterinary Year (Vet2011) activities
- Expenses and income associated with international activities
Read the Executive Summary
Read the full report
- The full report is also available for free download in a variety of e-reader-friendly formats via Smashwords.
For more information on global veterinary medicine, visit our page, Veterinary Medicine in Today’s Global Community.