July 15, 2008
Cattle roaming the range are the iconic image of the American West, but a recent video of abusive animal handling at a California slaughterhouse has increased public scrutiny of the lives and deaths of beef and dairy cattle.
In May, several French founding members of this initiative created Comité Vet 2011, which is now recruiting organizational members internationally so that 2011 can be designated World Veterinary Year and commemorated with special events.
- Council on Education accredits Irish school, limits status of three colleges - July 15, 2008
- Projects, policies approved - July 15, 2008
- Board further commits to One Health Initiative - July 15, 2008
- Collaborating on animal welfare - July 15, 2008
- AVMA enters into multimillion-dollar partnership with companies - July 15, 2008
- Michael-Lee to lead AVMA Business Division - July 15, 2008
- AVMA launches podcast for pet owners - July 15, 2008
- AVMA career video wins award - July 15, 2008
- Occupational asthma a risk for veterinarians - July 15, 2008
The Food and Drug Administration announced June 5 the limited reintroduction of ProHeart 6 to the U.S. veterinary market. The injectable canine heartworm medication had been voluntarily recalled in 2004 after the FDA Center for Veterinary Medicine raised serious questions about the drug's safety.