June 2024-July 2026 term
Nominations will be accepted until June 17, 2024, for candidates to serve as AVMA vice president for the two-year term running June 2024-July 2026. The deadline to formally announce candidacy and present to the House of Delegates has passed.
According to the Bylaws and the House of Delegates Manual, candidates for vice president must meet the following requirements:
- Have been voting members of the Association for a period of at least 10 continuous years immediately prior to their election
- Have served in at least one of the following capacities:
- One term on the Board of Directors
- One full term on an AVMA council
- Two full terms on an AVMA committee
- Four years as a delegate or alternate delegate in the House of Delegates
- Had extensive experience in a principal veterinary organization (state veterinary medical association), constituent allied veterinary organization, or regional veterinary medical association
No candidate for this office may run for any other office simultaneously. An individual who already is serving on any AVMA entity (e.g., Board of Directors, House of Delegates, council, or committee) at the time of election must relinquish their seat on that entity when assuming office.
The vice president is elected by the House of Delegate. Their two-year term, begins at the first regular meeting of the Board of Directors following the close of the annual session of the House of Delegates at which they were elected.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the officers are detailed in the AVMA Bylaws.
Those seeking AVMA officer positions must conduct their election campaigns in compliance with the Rules for AVMA Officer Election Campaigns (PDF).
Candidates should submit a completed application and campaign guide form, along with a 1-2 page resume or CV to:
Email: OfficeEVPavma [dot] org (OfficeEVP[at]avma[dot]org),
Mail: AVMA Office of the Executive Vice President, 1931 N. Meacham Rd, Suite 100, Schaumburg, IL, 60173