CVTEA open positions: 2023
The AVMA Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities (CVTEA) is accepting applications for candidates to fill six committee positions beginning in July 2023. Applications are due February 15, 2023, for candidates interested in these positions:
- Three committee members representing veterinary technicians
- Veterinarian representing clinical veterinary medicine, small animal
- Veterinarian representing faculties of colleges of veterinary medicine
- A veterinarian or veterinary technician representing veterinary medicine industry
Candidates selected for the positions representing veterinary technicians small animal medicine, and college faculties will serve committee terms running 2023-2029. The position representing industry is an unexpired term, which runs through 2028.
Qualifications for all committee positions
- Ability to travel to two to three site visits per year and two Committee meetings at AVMA headquarters in Schaumburg, Illinois (one in the spring, typically the third week of April, and the other in the fall, typically the first week of November)
- Access to email, reliable internet, and proficiency with Microsoft software applications
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to critically evaluate data, formulate questions and objectively evaluate outcomes
- Ability to effectively work in a group setting, listen and respect opinions of others, and support the decisions of the committee
- Responsive to questions and projects throughout the year
- Appreciation for the role of innovation in veterinary technology education
- Appreciation for the diversity in the form and delivery of veterinary technology educational programs
- An open mind and positive attitude
In addition to these qualifications, CVTEA members typically find joy reading copious amounts of reports, excel at keeping information organized, and can find calm in stressful situations. Veterinary technician applicants must be credentialed and be a graduate of an AVMA CVTEA-accredited veterinary technology program.
All of the new committee members will be selected by the CVTEA Selection Committee.
To apply, review the full job description for CVTEA members and complete the CVTEA application form.
Interviews will be conducted the week of March 13-17, 2023.