- Full dues payment or enrollment in the monthly payment plan for 2020 shall be completed on before January 1, 2020.
- A member shall be delinquent if the annual dues are not paid in full, or they are not enrolled in the monthly payment plan by March 1, 2020.
- A delinquent member shall cease to be a member if the dues are not paid in full, they are not enrolled in the monthly payment plan, or their monthly payments are not current after a notice of delinquency is mailed to the last known address.
- AVMA membership includes a subscription to either the Journal of the AVMA (JAVMA) or the American Journal of Veterinary Research (AJVR). The portion of dues allocated for JAVMA or AJVR is $72. These subscription allotments are not separable or refundable from dues payment. If you would like to change your current journal subscription selection, please go online to update your journal preference at www.avma.org/update, under the member preferences heading.
- AVMA membership is nontransferable and dues are nonrefundable.
- AVMA Bylaws provide that AVMA members may apply for dues reductions or waivers for the following circumstances by contacting 800-248-2862 ext. 6631 for information.
Educational status - Members in good standing who are pursuing full time graduate study, internship, or residency at an accredited college or program approved by a veterinary specialty board.
Retired status - Members in good standing who are retired members with 35 years of AVMA membership, or retired members, age 65 with continuous membership since graduation.
Short term family obligation - Members in good standing who are temporarily leaving the practice of veterinary medicine or are working less than 20 hours each month due to family obligations.
Members in good standing for whom the payment of dues would be a financial hardship by reason of physical disability, illness, or extenuating circumstances.