Frequently asked questions – Signin help
Q. I forgot my member ID or password. How do I obtain them?
A. Enter your email address in this form to have your member ID and a password reset link emailed to you. You can change the email address that you have on file at any time on your profile page. If you have trouble, you may also avmaonlineavma [dot] org (email our help desk) or call 800-248-2862, ext. 6631.
Q. I’m a new visitor. How do I sign in?
A. AVMA members can sign in using their AVMA member ID or the email address we have on file. Enter your email address in this form to have your member ID and a password reset link emailed to you.
Nonmembers can create an account here. If you have an account already but have forgotten your ID or password, we can send you a reminder.
Q. I’m having difficulty signing into the website. What can I do?
A. You can troubleshoot by following these tips:
- Double-check to make sure you are entering the correct ID and password. Passwords are case-sensitive.
- Clear your cache to make sure you can load the latest version of our signin page.
- Click the "refresh" button on your browser after making any adjustments to your settings or clearing the cache.
- Check to make sure that you are using a current version of Internet Explorer (version 8.0 or higher), Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Disable your pop-up blocker. This can sometimes interfere with certain website features.
- If you receive automatic updates from any antivirus, ad-blocking software, or even your Internet Service Provider (ISP), reboot your computer to make sure those automatic updates take place before you try to go online.
- We have PDF files on our website that require the use of Adobe Acrobat Reader software to open. If you are having trouble opening a PDF file on our site, please go to the Adobe website to download the latest version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader software for free.
- The AVMA Journals website and Veterinary Career Center require different signin criteria. Please use the help links on those sites for additional information, or avmaonlineavma [dot] org (email our help desk) or call 800-248-2862, ext. 6631, if you need additional help.