Student AVMA (SAVMA)

International Exchange Opportunities for Veterinary Students

 International Opportunities for Veterinary Students

IVSA USA of the International Veterinary Student Association

How to participate in an IVSA Exchange Abroad - Information for U.S. veterinary students

U.S. veterinary students interested in pursuing a veterinary exchange opportunity abroad must fill out an application and submit it to the SAVMA International Exchange Officer (IEO). The IEO contacts the IEO of the student's country of interest.

Veterinary opportunities and housing will be arranged in partnership by the student and the host country IEO. The student provides airfare and spending money. Applications need to be submitted 6 months prior to time of travel.

If you are interested in an international exchange opportunity, please read carefully through our FAQs and the Rules for Individual Exchanges. These documents should answer most of your questions. Once you are ready to apply, fill out the application form and submit that to the SAVMA IEO. You can use our check list to make sure your application is complete when you submit it.