SAVMA Member Organization of the International Veterinary Student Association
The International Veterinary Student Association (IVSA) is a worldwide organization whose membership includes over 30,000 students from over 90 veterinary schools representing more than 50 countries. The Student American Veterinary Medical Association (SAVMA) is the IVSA member organization in the United States (U.S.). Every SAVMA member is automatically a member of the SAVMA IVSA.
Mission Statement of the IVSA
- The mission of IVSA is "To Benefit the animals and people of the world" by harnessing the potential and dedication of veterinary students to promote the international application of veterinary skills, education, and knowledge. The way in which this is achieved is by arranging meetings (congresses and symposia), running permanent projects, facilitating exchanges, and publishing a quarterly newsletter.
SAVMA IVSA Goals
- Promote the IVSA and its work to encourage collaboration between veterinary students around the world
- Raise the overall standard of global veterinary education by increasing international and intercultural exchange of ideas and knowledge.
- Promote opportunities for veterinary students to experience unique educational opportunities
- Facilitate individual and group veterinary student exchanges through the IVSA Exchange Program
- Promote lifelong associations between future colleagues to enhance the profession of veterinary medicine