The AVMA has made available a new comprehensive report on cannabis in veterinary medicine.
The document provides a base of scientific and regulatory knowledge for veterinary practitioners from leading veterinary experts.
Featured in the report is the following:
- An introduction to the endogenous endocannabinoid system.
- A synopsis of manufacturing quality.
- A review of animal clinical studies exploring efficacy and safety.
- Information about potential adverse effects, including data around exposures and toxicoses from poison control centers.
- A description of the current regulatory landscape.
The report, “Cannabis in veterinary medicine,” is available to AVMA members and is one of several AVMA cannabis resources posted at "Cannabis use and pets."
For those who may still have questions or comments about cannabis after reading the resources, they can email cannabisavma [dot] org.