The American Animal Hospital Association offers open-access toolkits to help implement some of its guidelines.
Available online are toolkits for the 2011 guidelines on anesthesia for dogs and cats, 2012 guidelines on canine life stages, 2013 guidelines on dental care for dogs and cats, 2013 guidelines on fluid therapy for dogs and cats, and now, the 2014 guidelines on weight management for dogs and cats.
The weight management toolkit provides the following:
- Information about why guidelines matter.
- An at-a-glance summary.
- The guidelines on weight management.
- An algorithm for weight management.
- Information about staff roles and responsibilities.
- Talking points for partnering with clients.
- Links to resources on weight management from AAHA Press.
- A download center with additional resources.
The online implementation toolkits and many AAHA guidelines are available here.