This one is on you! We challenge you to make the most of your VLC experience by connecting with as many people as possible. This is a great place to find a mentor, an accountability partner, or a like-minded friend to keep you challenged as you continue your leadership journey.
Everything on this year's schedule is an opportunity for YOU to build your network. Here are just a few of the ways we challenge you to use the VLC:
- Mentor Program: Sign up during registration to be a mentor or mentee. This new program will connect interested individuals.
- Interactive Sessions: The education is designed so you can get the most out of it! All education sessions are set to encourage optimal interactions and collaboration. Don't sit by the same person twice and use every session to meet new people!
- Governance Meetings: Shape policy and the future of veterinary medicine – ALL leaders at the conference want to hear what you think during the House of Delegates, District Caucus or Reference Committee meetings.
- Food & Fun: No need for icebreakers when you can make natural connections over a good meal, cup of coffee or cocktail. Come to all breaks, meals and events to find your AVMA squad.
- Conversation Pods: There is no shortage of places to gather. Lounge furniture is set throughout all common areas and is ready for your use.
- Exploring: Cold outside? No problem! There are almost 30 restaurants and bars within one block of the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. Grab a friend and walk across the street to visit some of the city's top dining options.
To put your best face forward at VLC, don't forget to focus on YOU. Join us for yoga or meditation Saturday morning or head to the Marriott's Fitness Lab and select from over 1,200 digital fitness classes. From cycling to Pilates, there is something for every fitness level and interest! Grab one of the many new connections you have made and network as you kick start or wrap up your day on the right foot!
Rush Street Pantry Fit Menu
Eating healthy while on the road just got a little more delicious at the Chicago Marriott Downtown Magnificent Mile. Created by Executive Chef Myk Banas, the Rush Street Pantry Fit Menu include items such as smoothies with added protein, a healthy egg white wrap, ancient grain salad and a caprese salad with tomatoes and house-made mozzarella. You can even request to have your order delivered to the fitness center upon completion of your workout.
AVMA Veterinary Leadership Conference Waiver and Release of Claims (PDF)