All your CE needs at one event!
Earn more than 38 hours of CE from nearly 500 education sessions offered over five days. CE sessions are organized into various content tracks and further divided into sub-topics. Gain an educational edge through best-in-class CE opportunities, including hands-on labs, workshops, panels, and lectures taught by experts in veterinary medicine.
Learn from subject matter experts and your peers
The AVMA Convention features experts and speakers with amazing experience and knowledge to share. They're bringing you the most up-to-date information to make a real difference in your practice. At AVMA Convention, you can count on a varied audience in every CE session. You might be with attendees who have been in veterinary practice for more than 20 years or young professionals who have been practicing for less than five years. You may be next to large animal practitioners, scientific researchers, or veterinary educators. Attendees may be close to home, traveling across the country, or representing a global perspective. What's certain is that these are colleagues who share your interest, and you don’t want to miss this opportunity to learn from—and with—such a diverse group of professionals!
AVMA’s Labs and workshops are back this year!
- Interactive labs and workshops – immerse yourself in one of our interactive labs or workshops, providing small group interaction with top-tier instructors.
- Labs include lectures and hands-on training in clinical procedures, determining diagnostic examinations, and learning new behavioral or rehabilitation techniques using models, live animals, or cadavers.
- Workshops include classroom-based learning styles with small group discussions, exercises, and opportunities to practice applying concepts.
- Panels – Listen and ask questions to a group of panelists discussing and presenting differing perspectives.
- Education developed by our industry partners or association affiliates.
- Sunrise CE starts at 7 a.m. and may include a light breakfast.
- Lunchtime Connections are held over the lunchtime hour in the exhibit hall.
- Refresher Sessions are Sunday and Monday at 3 p.m. in the exhibit hall and may include light snacks.
- Symposiums are multi-hour programs focused on veterinary issues and services.
More information coming soon!