October 26-28, 2020 | Online everywhere
Special thanks to our Presenting Partner
Member: $299 | Nonmember: $349
Early bird deadline is October 4, 11:59 p.m. CT.
What is the Economic Summit?
The AVMA Economic Summit is the only event focused solely on the economic challenges and opportunities of veterinary medicine. Our profession comes together at this summit each year to share the newest research and insights on issues impacting the economic sustainability of veterinary medicine.
Presentations cover a full range of business and economic topics, including these and more:
- Consumer preference and behavior
- Student debt and education
- Veterinary employment and compensation
- Demand for veterinary services
- Pet ownership and owners’ attitudes
- Practice management and performance
- The macroeconomy
Summit participants leave with actionable insights into how the future of the veterinary profession might look and how decisions today can influence the profession tomorrow.
Gain insight from these distinguished featured speakers and others:
- Michael Maslansky – Author and CEO, Maslansky and Partners
- Utpal Dholakia, PhD – George R. Brown professor of marketing, Rice University
Transformation through collaboration
The 2020 AVMA Economic Summit will focus on a theme of transformation through collaboration. Even before COVID-19, the veterinary landscape was changing with increasing momentum. The pandemic has accelerated the change. Practices have overhauled operations – implementing telemedicine, curbside service, and other innovations. The profession has found new ways to deliver needed services while safeguarding veterinary teams and clients.
Here's some of what you can expect:
- Examine the effects and experiences of the COVID-19 pandemic, along with other current trends and innovations.
- Look at what's needed for veterinarians to thrive in the post-pandemic world.
- Explore how the profession's thought leaders can come together to accelerate advancement.
Who should attend?
The summit is the meeting for veterinary professionals and stakeholders who want to understand and influence our economic future, or improve individual practice performance. This includes thought leaders and subject experts across the profession, volunteer and professional leaders of organized veterinary groups, industry players, and data-driven business owners who value current research and industry insights to inform key decisions:
- Leaders of state and specialty veterinary groups who want to improve the profession’s economic sustainability and help members thrive
- Veterinary practice owners and hospital directors interested in learning how current economic forces affect everyday business decisions and intelligence
- Business and industry executives seeking the latest data on supply and demand for veterinary services, including consumer trends in pet ownership
- Academic leaders looking to understand economic trends in veterinary education and opportunities for new veterinary graduates
To ensure the health and safety of our attendees and speakers, the entire meeting will take place virtually.