To be eligible to apply for enrollment in the ECFVG® certification program, an individual must be a graduate of, or final-year student at, an AVMA ECFVG-listed veterinary college. The schools listed on the AVMA ECFVG-listed school directory, and their curricula, are not reviewed, accredited, endorsed, approved, accepted, granted, or certified in any manner by the AVMA or the ECFVG program. The AVMA ECFVG-listed school directory is used by the AVMA solely to allow individuals to apply for enrollment in the ECFVG certification program. An individual from a non-listed veterinary school cannot apply for enrollment in the ECFVG program until the school becomes listed. If there is no individual applying to the ECFVG program, the ECFVG will not consider a request to list the school.
How to add a school to the AVMA ECFVG-listed school directory
If a school is not already included in the AVMA ECFVG-listed school directly, specific documentation is required to get it added. The following information and materials must be submitted to the ECFVG in English:
- Information to be submitted by the applicant to the ECVFG by email to ECFVGavma [dot] org (ECFVG[at]avma[dot]org) or by mail:
- Applicant's full name
- Applicant's email address
- Name of requested school
- Year of graduation from requested school
- Degree awarded from requested school
- Reason for requesting the school be added
- Information to be submitted by the school to the ECFVG by email to ECFVGavma [dot] org (ECFVG[at]avma[dot]org) or by mail:
- School name
- School contact email address
- School mailing address
- School telephone number (and fax number, if available)
- School website
- Full name of the veterinary degree awarded
- Abbreviated name of the veterinary degree awarded
- A letter indicating that the school is recognized by the national government and that its graduates are eligible to practice veterinary medicine within that country without restriction. This letter should be:
- Written in English
- On the official government's letterhead
- Originating from the national education ministry or an equivalent government agency
- Submitted by the school directly to the ECFVG by email (ECFVGavma [dot] org (ECFVG[at]avma[dot]org)) or mail.
- School email addresses from Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail, or personal email will not be accepted by the ECFVG.
The time required to add a school to the AVMA ECFVG-listed school directory varies and depends on many factors, such as the country or language of communication within the country of origin, and the speed at which the school responds to the ECFVG's request. Individuals interested in registering for the ECFVG certification program should plan well in advance as the time required to add a school to the directory is beyond the control of the ECFVG.