Whether you're thinking about a new job or looking to recruit team members, May will bring an opportunity to make new connections, explore immediate opportunities, and even conduct one-on-one interviews – all online.
Join the AVMA Veterinary Career Center (VCC) for a May 20 career fair that will bring veterinary professionals together with employers who have immediate job openings to fill. Connect in real time with one-on-one chats and interviews. There's zero travel involved, and the Veterinary Career Center provides easy-to-use tools that help you prepare.
Here’s how it works
Jobseekers and employers sign up in advance to reserve a seat at the job fair. A list of participating employers is available on the career center website so attendees can look into different organizations in advance, ask questions, see open positions, and even schedule interviews or chats. (There are already more than 100 potential employers registered!)
Once you’ve signed up to attend the fair, you can start planning your schedule for the four-hour event. You can also work on polishing your CV and elevator speech, and line up specific questions you want to ask of the participating employers.
On the day of the fair
- You’ll approach the booths of the specific employers you’d like to meet, and chat with them about their open positions. You can ask any questions you might have, and they can talk with you about your interests and how you might fit with their organization.
- You can participate at any time that’s convenient for you during the career fair hours of 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. Central Time (11 a.m. - 3 p.m. Eastern).
- As with an in-person job fair, you might wait a short time in an online queue if the employer you approach is already talking with someone else.
Reserve your seat
Prepare in advance with VCC tools
The Veterinary Career Center has resources to help both jobseekers and hiring managers put the best foot forward, both at the career fair and other times.
- Tips for jobseekers – A practical library filled with best practices for everything from elevator speeches and cover letters to interviews and salary negotiations
- Career transitions – AVMA’s hands-on guide to veterinary career options, including practical materials to help translate clinical skills into language applicable to other jobs
- Career development CE – On-demand webinars to build personal and professional skills that will help advance your career