A comprehensive new report on cannabis in veterinary medicine provides a base of scientific and regulatory knowledge for veterinary practitioners from leading veterinary experts.
The resource includes:
- An introduction to the endogenous endocannabinoid system
- A synopsis of manufacturing quality
- A review of animal clinical studies exploring efficacy and safety
- Information about potential adverse effects (including data around exposures and toxicoses from poison control centers)
- A description of the current regulatory landscape
This resource, titled “Cannabis in veterinary medicine," is now available to AVMA members and joins other AVMA cannabis resources.
Download the report
Participate in AVMA’s first cannabis symposium
If you’re looking for more education around cannabis, join us August 20-22, 2020, for the AVMA Cannabis Symposium during AVMA Virtual Convention. Learn directly from experts and key leaders in research, clinical practice, toxicology, and regulation. Get more information and see specific session details.
You can attend the Cannabis Symposium by registering for the AVMA Virtual Convention. Attendees will have access to all Virtual Convention CE sessions and events both during the live event and for several months afterward.