Jobseekers and hiring managers, here’s an event you won’t want to miss: The AVMA Veterinary Career Center and Veterinary Career Network will kick off 2022 with a virtual career fair on January 20, 2022.
Register now to secure your seat. The fair will bring together veterinarians, veterinary team members, and employers from across the profession to meet, network, and explore possibilities. There are opportunities for veterinary professionals at every level – from medical director through veterinary assistant – and you only need to travel as far as your computer.
Here’s how it works
The career fair will connect veterinary jobseekers with employers who have immediate job openings to fill.
Jobseekers and employers sign up in advance to reserve a seat at the job fair. You can then start planning your schedule for the event, which runs from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central Time (11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern).
On the day of the fair
- You’ll approach the booths of the specific employers you’d like to meet, and chat with them about their open positions. You can ask any questions you might have, and they can talk with you about your interests and how you might fit with their organization.
- You can participate at any time that’s convenient for you during the career fair hours of 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Central Time (11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Eastern).
- As with an in-person job fair, you might wait a short time in an online queue if the employer you approach is already talking with someone else.
Secure your seat
Prepare in advance with VCC tools
The Veterinary Career Center has resources to help both jobseekers and hiring managers put your best foot forward.
- Tips for jobseekers – A practical library filled with best practices for everything from elevator speeches and cover letters to interviewing and salary negotiations
- Career transitions – AVMA’s hands-on guide to veterinary career options, including practical materials to help translate clinical skills into language applicable to other jobs
- Career development CE – On-demand webinars to build personal and professional skills and advance your career