Veterinary wellbeing is a shared responsibility. Individuals, practice teams and owners, and organizations such as the AVMA all have important roles to improve and optimize wellbeing for everyone in our profession.
The AVMA, American Association of Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC) and Zoetis have teamed up to begin planning the 2019 Veterinary Wellbeing Summit, “Putting the WE in Wellbeing,” and we hope you’ll save the dates November 17-19 to join us for this exciting event in Chicago.
This summit will bring together a wide range of wellbeing experts to provide education and resources to nurture both healthy individuals and healthy workplaces.
The Veterinary Wellbeing Summit will offer:
- Examples of successful wellbeing initiatives that you can take back and implement in your personal and professional life
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and peers who share an interest in individual and organizational wellbeing
- Guidance from suicide experts on effective prevention and response strategies in the workplace
- Inclusive organizational strategies to reduce burnout, promote engagement, and optimize wellbeing
- Access to a private online community for ongoing discussions on wellbeing topics
- Informative and interactive CE sessions and workshops that will provide tangible lessons and materials for you to implement in your workplace and community
- A friendly start and end time to minimize your time away from family and work, while maximizing the time we have together at the summit.
Registration will open this spring, and seats are limited. Stay tuned for more details, but mark your calendar now to make sure you’re free to join us in Chicago November 17-19!
Call for presentations
Looking to present a session at the summit? The call for presentations is now open. Submit your abstracts no later than Sunday, February 17.
Special thanks to our premier partner Zoetis for continued support of the Veterinary Wellbeing Summit.