Gender identity doesn't always correspond with the sex assigned at birth. It’s important to recognize that the clients, acquaintances, and co-workers we interact with on a daily basis likely include individuals who identify as gender-nonconforming.
A new learning module released by Journey for Teams explores the importance of creating environments that welcome people of all gender identities—and practical actions you can take to support gender diversity.
Watch Embracing Gender Diversity: Exploring Gender Identity—learning module 13 on the Journey for Teams website—and come away with important insights into questions like these:
- How do gender, gender diversity, gender identity, and gender expression differ?
- What steps can you take if someone confides to you that they identify as transgender, nonconforming, or nonbinary?
- What does inclusion entail for individuals of diverse gender identities?
You’ll also discover specific actions that your veterinary team can take to make all clients and colleagues feel welcomed and supported. For example:
- Review your dress code policy and implement gender-neutral rules.
- Add a place on intake forms to record client pronouns.
- Include employee pronouns on name badges.
- Implement a zero-tolerance policy for bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Your feedback can improve the journey for all
Journey for Teams releases a new learning module every month, exploring topics that deepen understanding of and support for diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Each module includes a “Feedback” button that makes it easy for you to rate and comment on its impact.
Learn more about Journey for Teams at JourneyForTeams.org.