The AVMA sponsors National Pet Week® in May each year to celebrate the special relationship between people and their pets, and to bring awareness to specific topics related to responsible pet ownership. This year, National Pet Week will be observed May 6 – 12.
Each day of National Pet Week® focuses on a different theme:
- May 6 – Choose well, commit for life
- May 7 – Socialize now. New doesn’t have to be scary.
- May 8 – Nutrition and exercise matter.
- May 9 – Love your pet? See your vet!
- May 10 – Maximize the human-animal bond.
- May 11 – Emergencies happen. Be prepared.
- May 12 – Plan for their care. Give them a lifetime of love.
Our free National Pet Week® veterinary toolkit is full of resources to help you spread the word and educate clients on these themes while bringing the celebration into your community. The toolkit includes:
Learn more about National Pet Week® at petweek.org.
National Pet Week is made possible in part by CareCredit, joining a Lifetime of Love with a Lifetime of Care.