Updated March 2017
Our discussion and social media venues are open, and we welcome collegial discussion in them. But they also are intended to be professional and family-friendly. So please keep your comments and posts clean, and please be respectful of the rights of others to hold and express their own opinions.
- Personal attacks;
- Posts or comments that make obscene remarks about or attacks on the veterinary profession;
- Reviews of individual veterinarians or veterinary clinics;
- Graphic, obscene, explicit, sexist, racist or similar comments;
- Spam, solicitations and advertisements, including website promotion;
- "Bumping" content by repeatedly bringing existing or past issues to the top of the page/discussion;
- Posts and comments that are blatantly off-topic;
- Copyrighted or trademarked material, or intellectual property, posted without the permission of the owner.
- Material that encourages anticompetitive activity – specifically:
- Material that encourages or facilitates an agreement that expressly or implicitly leads to price fixing or a boycott of another’s business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade.
- Material that encourages or facilitates an agreement about prices, discounts, terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
Our discussion venues are not intended for providing diagnosis or treatment recommendations regarding animal health problems. An online resource is not a substitute for veterinary examination, and online interaction is not a valid Veterinarian-Client-Patient Relationship (VCPR).