Every veterinarian possesses the skills needed to make a difference. The AVMA Fellowship Program is an unparalleled opportunity to shape public policy while enhancing your knowledge of the political process.
The 2020-2021 AVMA Fellowship Program will run from the last week in August 2020 through August 2021.
- serve for one year in Washington D.C. as scientific advisors to members of Congress or Congressional Committees.
- play pivotal roles in shaping and influencing key legislation on a variety of issues.
- receive a stipend of approximately $91,232 and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the Fellowship year.
- receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- use science-based decision making in public policy development.
- influence important public policy discussions.
Learn more about the AVMA's Congressional Fellowship Program on our Frequently Asked Questions page. For additional questions, please email fellowshipavma [dot] org.
Want to hear about the Fellowship first-hand? Check out the video below where Dr. Chase Crawford recounts his experience as a 2014-2015 AVMA Fellow in the office of Senator Al Franken (D-MN).