Every veterinarian possesses the skills needed to make a difference. The AVMA Fellowship Program is an unparalleled opportunity to shape public policy while enhancing your knowledge of the political process. Applications for the 2022-2023 AVMA Fellowship Program are due February 8, 2022.
What do fellowships involve?
Here's what AVMA fellows do:
- Serve for one year in Washington as scientific advisors to members of Congress or congressional committees.
- Shape and influence key legislation on a variety of issues.
- Receive a stipend of approximately $94,911 and reimbursement for certain expenses incurred during the fellowship year.
- Receive up to $6,000 to offset the cost of health insurance premiums.
- Use science-based decision-making in public policy development.
- Influence important public policy discussions.
Read the FAQs for more information. If you have additional questions, email fellowshipavma [dot] org.
Want to hear about the fellowship first-hand? Check out this in which Dr. Chase Crawford describes his experience as an AVMA fellow.