AVMA Steve Dale Excellence in Veterinary Media Award
Powered by you
Your nominations help us reward excellence. Review descriptions of the individual awards, and consider which of your colleagues deserve to be nominated.
The AVMA Steve Dale Excellence in Veterinary Media Award recognizes an individual for contributing substantively to the positive visibility of the profession by raising public awareness of the important and diverse roles veterinarians play in every facet of the health and welfare of animals, people, and the environment.
- Nominees must be non-veterinarians.
- Nominations may be submitted by any individual or organization (governmental and non-governmental), or media outlet.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Cover letter summarizing the nominee’s professional background including links to the nominee’s current professional activity and statement of significant achievements including nominee’s qualifications for the award
- Nomination form
- Curriculum vitae/resume’ or biography, including relevant publications (not to exceed two double-sided typed pages)
- Digital high-resolution (300 d.p.i.) colored headshot photograph, suitable for publication
- 5” x 7”
- TIF or JPG format
- The AVMA Board of Directors selects the recipient.
- At the discretion of the AVMA Board of Directors, a recipient may not be selected in a given year if no nominee meets the criteria for selection.
- The award recipient will receive a $2,000 honorarium, one round-trip coach airfare in the name of the recipient, two nights hotel accommodations and registration (if applicable) to the venue designated by AVMA to accept the physical award.